Monday, July 6, 2009

Our Independence Weekend

We had a pretty low-key, but still fantastic 4th of July weekend. Here are some of our photos...
We started on Friday night by going to our friends' house for some burgers and fireworks, which was fun despite the rain.

I don't know if you can tell, but the boys are blowing up Barbie doll heads with firecrackers. I didn't approve of this, but five of the dads looked at me like...what's the big deal. So, I opted to turn a blind eye on the matter. No fingers or arms were lost...just a few heads! :)
Madison and Mia attended the Barnes and Noble American Girl event where they welcomed in the newest AM girl named Rebecca.
I love this picture of Grant waving to the fire trucks at the Seward parade. We attend every year and this year was the first one that I wasn't sweating profusely. I was almost cold!
Tyler decided that he wanted to show his patriotism again (he's done it in the past) by coloring his hair red, white and blue.
We shot off fireworks at home on the 4th with just the family. The neighborhood had a great display without even having to buy any of our own, but we just can't let that happen!
On Sunday we caught our first Saltdog's game of the season. Unfortunately, the Saltdogs lost!
We ended the weekend with the city's display at Oak Lake park. Luckily, the rainout on Friday made it possible for us to catch this year's show. It was a fabulous display like always!

3 comments:

mamahasspoken said...

I LOVE that they were blowing up Barbie doll heads! It gave me such a good laugh that I'm still chuckling at the thought. Silly boys :o)

Kristi said...

Too funny, Amy, attempting blow up polly pocket was the big fun around here. Glad you had a good 4th- I love that last picture of the kids laying together and the firework in the distance!

Mindee said...

That last picture is precious.

My DAUGHTERS blew up their Barbies the last two years. Kids these days . . .