Thursday, July 9, 2009

A day of diversions

Today is a day of diversions. Today is the day where I fast for my colonoscopy tomorrow at 11am. Today I need A LOT of diversions. I obsess about not eating anything, except clear liquids. I obsess about drinking two of those plastic containers (pictured above) full of yuck. I obsess what those yucky liquids will do to me all night long. And I obsess about the IV, being knocked out and what they will do to me on the table. Ugh!

So, today I am going to....

1. Book the airline flight for Disney World and obsess about Mickey.

2. Go to the bookstore and buy Madison more trading cards. (Not that she needs them, but I want to obsess about being a little girl again)

3. Develop pictures at Sam's Club today, so I can obsess about scrapbooking on Saturday.

Hopefully, these activities will help me not obsess about the above. Please let me know what else I can obsess about. I'll be sure to let you know how it all comes out in the end! (pun intented)

7 comments:

mamahasspoken said...

Seems like it's when you can't eat that you miss it the most. My only suggestion is to stay close to home because once 'it' hits, 'it' hits!!

Sarah said...

So why are you having this done? Have you been having stomach problems or are you just doing it as a preventative screening?

Amy said...

I have been having stomach/bowel issues. This has been ongoing and not improving. Fun times!

missy said...

so do i say "happy colonoscopy day" to you tomorrow. i'm sure it won't be fun, but i'm glad you'll be distracted today and knocked out tomorrow. don't even think about it. hopefully it will help you get some answers!

A.H. said...

I hope all goes well. It's not as bad as you fear it will be. They worst part is just having to drink that much liquid at once and feeling like there's no more room in your stomach for it.

Anonymous said...

Just think of the cool picture of the day you could have. They take pictures you know...in color. Ask for copies. LOL

Tracey said...

I'll be saying a prayer for you. It is undoubtedly nerve wracking when you've never been through it before, but trust me, it's no biggie. The day before is the worst part.
My stomach is still not quite right, ugh!! The upside is I have shed a few pounds, albeit not the way a person wants to shed pounds. :)