Friday, July 10, 2009

I survived and Andy itched!

I survived! I survived that awful procedure. I don't even like to say the word or think about what they did to me, but I made it! I say that...like I wouldn't. I'm a bit dramatic!

I will admit the worst part was the day before. The not eating anything and drinking that syrupy lemon flavored pooping medicine was the hard part. I was suppose to drink two liters of the mix and it was difficult to drink anymore after the first 8 ounces, but I did it. Well...almost. I kind of cheated and drank maybe 1 1/2 liters. It all came out in the end, so that's all that mattered. :)

My husband also stepped up to the plate, helping me feel better about my procedure, by getting the worst rash I've ever seen. Andy said he walked through weeds that were taller than him on Wednesday and regrettably wished he'd worn long sleeves after the fact. He has cuts on his arms from the weeds and now has huge red, puffy patches all over....face, neck, back, arms. The patches on his arms are now blistering and oozing. Yuck! Andy thinks it's from poisonous Sumac. Whatever it is...it required a trip to the doctor. He's on two pills (some kind of steroid) and received some anti-itch cream.
Can you see the patches below his ear and on his neck? It makes me itch just looking at him.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh gosh, poor Andy! That looks miserable! I had a sunburn so bad a few weeks ago that I thought I was going to die from the itching. Glad you made it through your procedure ok! I hope I never have to have one of those, or at least not for a long, long time! Hope you guys are doing well and that Andy gets better soon!

mamahasspoken said...

Glad to hear you survived the 'procedure.' I've never had it done before by my dh has. He said he was awake and watched the whole thing. He thought it was the most interesting thing he has ever watched! Hubby's rash looks bad!!! Hope he's feeling less itchy soon!!

Tracey said...

What a good sport Andy is to let you take a picture of him in his misery. :)
Glad to hear all went well with the colonoscopy. At least it's all over. What did the doc say?