Thursday, July 2, 2009

Big Sandy

Yesterday we spent the afternoon at Big Sandy, which is North of Ashland, at my co-worker Raette's lake house. She graciously invites us out at various times of the year to enjoy a day at the lake. Last week I went with just the girls and this week she invited the co-workers and the kids (8 in all). My two oldest ones were thrilled to go. Tyler mentioned that there were several lots still available and maybe we could buy one. He knows we don't have the funds to build the houses that are on Big Sandy, but thought we could purchase a tent and that would work just as well for him. Also, a boat was needed too. Keep dreaming Tyler!
Jacob and Tyler are trying out the kayaks, which proved to be a ton of fun!
Grant loved that Madison would pull him around on this floating device.
Madison...such a tomboy...had her turn at the kayak. She maneuvered it better than I imagined she could.
This is the only picture of me. When you run the camera....you're never in any pictures. I just wish Grant was looking!
Here we all are on the boat touring the lake. The kids had fun jumping off the boat and climbing back on.
Grant wanted a front seat, so Tyler held him on his lap.
Jon and Tyler
This is my co-worker Krista's daughter named Maddy. She's such a cutie!
My co-worker Krista also has a son named Tyler. We have 2 of our 3 kids named the same. Funny! It was interesting seeing Grant and Tyler interact with them both being a month apart in age.

It was a beautiful day to be at the lake and even more fun to see my co-workers with their kids!

1 comment:

mamahasspoken said...

Isn't it funny how our kids think we can just go out and buy whatever by making it sound ok? mine are the same too.