Sunday, October 31, 2010
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Tomorrow is my birthday. I will be turning the big 4-0! Ugh! I can hardly believe that I am that old. Turning thirty wasn't anything much, but forty seems so middle aged. I am not sure that I like the sounds of it, but what can I really do about it? I will just think of it as a number and one is only as old as one feels...and I feel twenty-two!
So, two birthdays ago I decided to try to get forty new adventures into my life that I hadn't tried before. There are some that I wanted to try, but with time and money I still haven't done them, so there's now hope for a 50 by 50 project that needs to start now. Here are a few things I hope to accomplish by then....parasailing, hike up a mountain side, attend a non-Christian service (maybe Jewish), visit Europe, white water river rafting, see the Statue of Liberty and maybe even eat Sushi, which I thought I'd get done this time around, but obviously didn't.
Here is what I did get done though. Please note that some are a little weak in nature, but I only had twenty-four months to get it all accomplished.
1. Started a Blog (11/08)
2. Went to a Movie in a Theatre by Myself (11/08)
3. Attended a Southern Baptist Church (12/08)
4. Sent my 1st Text Message (12/08)
5. Joined a Gym (12/08)
6. Signed up for Facebook (1/09)
7. Attended an actual Tea Party (not the political kind, 2/09)
8. 1st Ash Wednesday Service (2/09)
9. Donated Blood for the 1st time (3/09)
10. Shopped in Anthropologie (3/09) -- I am reaching on this one!
11. 1st Weekend long @ a Baseball Tournament (4/09) Too much of a good thing!
12. Touched Kasey Kahne's race car (5/09)
13. Went and saw "Wicked" (5/09)
14. Visited Carhenge in Alliance, NE (6/09)
15. 1st Trip into a Cave (4th largest in the world - 180 ft. down (6/09)
16. 1st Family Vacation with Five (6/09)
17. Survived a Colonoscopy (7/09)
18. Met Thomas the Train in person (7/09)
19. Attended my 1st Christian "Rock" Concert (8/09)
20. Went to my 20th Year High School Class Reunion (9/09)
21. Celebrated the Ethiopian New Year (9/09)
22. Visited Disney World (10/09)
23. Met Dr. Jean and attended her workshop (11/09)
24. Became a Mother of a Teenager (11/09)
25. Shopped for the 1st time on Black Friday (11/09)
26. Scrapbooked for an Entire Weekend long (2/10)
27. Rode in a Corvette for the 1st time (4/10)
28. Witnessed the Bodies Exhibit in Omaha (5/10)
29. Read all the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books (6/10) Another stretch!
30. Became Two Drips in a Drop for World Blood Day (6/10)
31. Won a Blog Giveaway for the 1st time (7/09)
32. Went to a U.S. Women's Soccer Team game against Sweden (7/10)
33. Visited the Iowa State Fair (8/10)
34. Made a Trifle for the 1st Time (9/10)
35. Survived a Slumber Party of 8 Tweeners (9/10)
36. Owner of a Smart Phone (9/10)
Note: Last four adventures aren't done quite yet, but will be done this week!!!
37. Drank a Martini (10/10)
38. Visited the American Girl Store in Kansas City (10/10)
39. Played Bingo at a Bingo Center for $ (10/10)
40. Surprise! Okay, not really, you've heard me talking about it....pictures to follow on Tuesday!
That's all...mission accomplished! ;)
Tuesday, October 19, 2010