This is what I did....(in case you are curious?!)
1. I went to work to get my plans all ready for the Guest Teacher and she wasn't who I thought I was getting, but she did a wonderful job! That was a surprise!
2. I went to McDonald's for a juice and sandwich. Friendly people...they told me to have a nice day. I was almost compelled to tell them it was my day off, but realized they really don't care.
3. I drove to the southside of Lincoln and went shopping. I bought new toss pillows for my bed from Pier 1. I also went to Barnes and Noble and went nuts. I bought a book on scrapbooking (go figure) and a Bible that you can read in a year. It's broken down for one to read in that kind of time frame. If I get that done that will go on my 40 x 40 project. I also went and purchased Tyler's confirmation gifts, which I can't disclose because he may read this.
4. I visited a scrapbooking store that should have taken 10 minutes, but then took 50.
5. I drove back to the northside of Lincoln to go out to eat at Quizno's with my friend and neighbor Tracey Black. That was great fun! Thanks, Tracey!
6. Tracey and I went to Bed, Bath & Beyond and found a hot pot, so I can make this delicious carmel tea for my co-workers next week. (It was going to be tomorrow, but you will see why at the end of this blog).
7. I made a couple phone calls....to get the dog groomed and to still try to get the Project 365 KOTM....I just won't give up! No luck, yet!
8. I went and donated blood at the Community Blood Bank today. I have never done that before and it wasn't so bad. I was done in 7 minutes and 52 seconds. Wow! They let me put my feet up, gave me drinks and cookies, a cool t-shirt and one of those new recycling bags. This was ALMOST as good as getting a pedicure, but cheaper. It was FREE. Now, really, how many things in life are free! Good point, huh?
9. I vacuumed and washed the van today. Looks fabulous until the next snow storm!
10. I enjoyed the 77 degree weather and with no kids! That's until they came home from school! Bummer!
11. THEN I went to pick up Grant at Christi's house to find he has a 102 degree temperature! UGH!
12. I realized I jinxed myself by taking a day off to now have to take another day off for a sick child. Darn it!