Sunday, November 15, 2009

My New Favorite Candy

This is my new favorite junk food....M & M's that are strawberried peanut butter. Have you tried them yet? It's incredible and I could eat the entire bag by myself, but here's the "kicker", it's only temporary. They labeled the bag with the words "Special Edition" and I know what that means. It means that my new favorite candy will soon be gone and never return.

This is what happened to one of my childhood favorites called the Marathon bar. Do you remember it's red wrapper with the ruler on the back and the caramel braid that was dipped in chocolate? It was discontinued in 1981. How about the Bar None candy bar by Hershey's (in the late 80's) that was chocolate wafer like with nuts? Or just recently the discontinued original Peanut Butter Twix candy bar? I almost could cry! Now they have a new dark chocolate cookie center version and it's awful. Have you tried it? I'd say don't bother.

So, to help me keep my new favorite candy around, I have a plan. If you and everyone you know buys a bag or two of this awesome candy then maybe, just maybe, the M & M people will keep it around?! It's just a thought... so go out and buy some. Of course, if you don't love it as much as me, I'd be happy to take it off your hands! :)

5 comments:

missy said...

i will take your word for it, but they kind of sound like a glorified pb & j sandwich. i LOVE the pb m&m's though, so i'm willing to give it a shot.

mamahasspoken said...

Agree with Missy and for some reason, it just doesn't sound good. But I will look for them and buy a bag when I find one.

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

I saw those discounted to $1 a bag after Halloween but couldn't bring myself to try them. Now I'm sorry I wasn't brave.

Amy said...

Mindee--

Ugh! A $1 a bag. Oh, so sad I missed out!

Tracey said...

I have bought a couple bags of them and I was skeptical at first also, but they are GOOD. Love them!