Thursday, November 12, 2009

Grant's Birthday or Devin's

Happy 3 year and one month Birthday, Grant! I feel bad about not blogging about it earlier, but October was a busy, busy month. Since I didn't do it in a timely manner, I decided to just wait until November 12th instead.
Here's Grant with his birthday cake and of course, it's Thomas the Train. You might be wondering why it doesn't say "Grant" on it. It's our tradition to get a cake for Grant that says another name on it since the mishap on his first birthday. For his first birthday, we specifically wanted an Elmo cake, but when we went to pick it up, the only cake with his name on it was a Spiderman cake. I really needed the Elmo cake since I'm all about "theme" birthdays, so I told them it was okay that way. I even laughed about it. The cake said "Happy Birthday Bryan" on it and it wasn't possible to remove red frosting on white cake. They also offered to make another in a couple hours, but I declined. The cake lady at Sam's felt bad, so we got the cake for free. I so loved that! Now it has become our crazy tradition to deliberately order it with another name. I just hope this doesn't give Grant some kind of complex that requires therapy when he's older! LOL

Grant is getting his sister's help with the birthday card. He's giving her the look of why are we stopping for a piece of paper when there's a gift to be opened.
Grant had a terrific and yet simple birthday on Sunday, October 11th with family. We just can't believe he's already three!

5 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Okay, now that is quite the tradition! If I could make a recommendation for the 4th birthday's name?

Alouicious

I know, brilliant...

mamahasspoken said...

Love the tradition! What a cute way to celebrate. Oh and if you use Jason's suggestion next year, I want to see the picture of the cake...

Mindee said...

So do you request a specific name or just tell them to pick one?

Jesy said...

I love that! That is so funny! Great tradition!

Amy said...

Here's how we chose the name. The first year it was Bryan and last year was Christopher. I decided last year to go in alphabetical order, minus the "A" name since it started with a "B". So, this year I asked the gal I ordered the cake from what was the first "D" name she could think of and she said Devin, so Devin it was. She did look at me like I was nuts and said, "I've never heard of anyone who has done that before." Well, she's never met me, I guess! LOL