Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cookie Making Debacle

These are my favorite Christmas cookies of all times....Spritz cookies. I so love them and they bring back great memories from my childhood. In fact, I have the antique cookie press from my mom and the 1963 Betty Crocker's cooky book that the recipe is found in. I heart these cookies so much that I upgraded to the high tech Pampered Chef cookie press (okay...mine's the ratchet one, not the twist one) to make these little numbers.

But...today was not my day! I could not get the dough the right temperature to come out of the press without it sticking. Ugh! I tried even refrigerating the dough for better success. Finally, after three hours of on again, off again trying, I got one sheet to sit up well. Then I went to bake them and they went from not done to burnt. Oh, I wanted to cry! These cookies are suppose to look light in color and not brown around the edges. Well...I am not in the mood to try anything else. Last year's flop was the regular Christmas sugar cookie. They looked pretty, but tasted terrible. So, I am just going to buy my cookies already made. That will give me 100% success! Sam's Club here I come!

4 comments:

Tracey said...

I have trouble with spritz too. I don't know why, but mine want to stick to the press and not to the cookie sheet. I get very angry too. I am going to make them again this year. I always do, and then cuss them and promise never to make them again. LOL

Trisha said...

I have the same cookie press and I don't really care for it. The dough never comes out correctly. I was going to try is today, but I didn't have enough butter...after reading your drama I remember my own and am thankful I didn't have the butter.

mamahasspoken said...

This is one cookie that I've never made nor do I have the want to make. Don't know why either since I love to bake....

Mindee said...

As long as you're making PC purchases, try a couple of rectangle pizza stones. Cookies never burn on those, I swear.