Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thirty More Days!

Oh, I can hardly contain myself. Yes, it's true. I went to work with a spring in my step today because it's exactly the one month mark for our long awaited trip to Disney (WDW). I've been wanting, wishing and waiting for this trip ever since we planned our wedding. My hope was to be surprised (by Andy) that we were going on a Disney trip instead of Vegas for our honeymoon. Really...what was I thinking? Andy isn't the surprise kind of guy. He's never buys a gift without asking if that's what I wanted. So anyway, this has been one long awaited vacation and finally, finally, it is just about here! Yay!

Now that I've been planning this trip for all eternity, I have read several books on the topic (thanks to Tracey and Jesy). I have now made a list of things I plan on doing or eating while at Disney. Since I love lists...here's one more...

These wishes are not in any specific order, but will be written down prior to arrival to be sure that I can fulfill them in the week we are visiting.

1. Eat pastries at Epcot's Boulangerie. I've seen photos and heard great things about this place. I can't wait to try several kinds of those fatty foods!

2. Ride Twilight Zone's Tower of Terror with Madison. She's my go-to child for any wild rides. I believe Andy and Tyler will be watching from below on this one. Did I mention Grant isn't going? He's staying with his grandparents. I figured he's a little too young yet.

3. A visit to Pooh's Corner. I want my picture taken by Pooh's house. I've grown a fondness of Pooh over the years and thought it's due time for a visit to his home.

4. Ride Dumbo. I have a picture of me as a 4 yr. old on Dumbo at Disneyland and want to recreate that same look thirty-five years later. Unfortunately, I don't look as cute!

5. Go on It's a Small World. I have a slight memory of this as a child and I want to see if I remember it to be as big and wonderful as the first time.

6. Eat at a character meal. I booked it late and was only able to get into the 1900 Park Fare on my 39th birthday. It is a very pretty place. I just hope the food is just as good!

7. Watch a parade. I know that they go on often at WDW and I want to see at least one. I'll see how it compares to the Schuyler Labor Day parade in my hometown of 5,000.

8. I going to take hundreds, if not thousands, of pictures. My whole trip is planned around the scrapbooking of the event. Andy thinks this is really the reason why I want to go. He might be somewhat right!

9. To eat foods that I've never tried. I am hoping to find some exotic places to eat in Epcot. I have read that that's the place for foods of all types of international foods.

10. Most of all....I want to just enjoy my children enjoying their trip to Disney. We've talked about it for a long time and now it's finally coming true thanks to Madison's contribution! :)

Please leave me any "must see" places under the comments section. I'd love to hear your feedback on your trip to WDW.

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Soarin' at Epcot is awesome and the fun big screen motion activated games they have while you are waiting are so cool.
Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom, a must. Rode it many times while there.
Test Track at Epcot is also very very fun.
Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom is AWESOME if you love roller coasters. Not for the faint of heart. Joey and I LOVED it and would have rode it all day long.
Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom is sooo real looking I kept closing my eyes. Freaky! Scary ride.

mamahasspoken said...

Oh I am so jealous of your trip!! And what a wonderful time of the year to go when it won't be too hot or too cold. Growing up, my family always went in January. Spent much of the time finding warm things to do at the park, like finding hot chocolate, and rides that are inside. Many fond memories....Oh and hubby and I did go there for our honeymoon....

Mindee said...

My favorite roller coaster was the Rockin' Roller Coaster at MGM, but Everest was good too. I have to agree with Tracey though that everyone's overall favorite was Splash Mountain.

You'll have a blast!

Kim said...

i suggest going to the parade in magic kingdom at night vs. during the day. at night the floats are all lit up. see the fireworks at epcot, the best i've ever seen. the tower of terror is AWESOME! if you haven't purchased the fast pass, i reccommend it, it allows you to get a time to go on a ride and come at that time instead of waiting in line. hmmm, what else, oh yes, the 3d movies are SO worth it! not like the 3D movies in the theatres these days, they're much better.

hope you have fun, we're going again a year from now, yippeee!