Monday, September 7, 2009

A Beautiful New Sanctuary

Our church, St. Mark's United Methodist, at 84th and Pioneers has been working to build a debt free sanctuary for the 4,000 members of our church since November of 2006. It's been a long journey for the church to fund such an enormous project (called Miracle on 84th Street), and this weekend we finally got to see it's reality and beauty.
They installed a projection screen system that I heard is state of the art. This system has a name to it, but I can't remember. I do know that the North star will be on the back wall for Christmas Eve services.
The seats are all theater-style and include six sections on the main level with 1,500 seats in all.
Here's the balcony with my family up there waving to me below. It's simply amazing!
A view from the balcony below. Wow! We are so fortunate to have such a nice congregation and now a nice church to go with it!

A note to family members: We have dibs on Christmas at our house this year! :)

4 comments:

Mindee said...

Beautiful and I love the "debt free" feature the most.

Tracey said...

Wow! That sure makes our new sanctuary look puny in comparison. After seeing what the new addition cost our church, I can't even imagine the cost, especially debt free. What an accomplishment! Enjoy the new facility!

mamahasspoken said...

Wow that's one big church! The seats look way too comfy, wouldn't want to leave, or was that the plan?

Amy said...

I forgot to mention....there's going to be a concert with Vota and Creation at this new sanctuary on Friday, September 11th at 7pm. I am planning on going. Anyone want to go with me??