Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Christmas Things #1


For the twelve days of Christmas, I thought I'd add an item a day that I enjoy for Christmas. Please note these are all things, not people or events.  So, if my house would ever burn down or get hit by a tornado, these items would be the first things I'd sadly miss, but could live without. Now that I've taken pictures of them...I have them forever!  

Okay...the first Christmas thing I enjoy is my Mexico nativity that I purchased when I was seventeen years old before my senior year of high school.  I thought it was the ugliest nativity that I've ever saw at the time, but loved the authentic Mexico feel about it.  I never would have thought that I'd get it out year after year and enjoy it as much as I have.  

The bottom picture is of me from that trip in Taxco, Mexico, which is known for their beautiful silver jewelry.  The picture isn't very clear, but you can see, I have all that "big hair" that screams 80's.  That was a terrific opportunity for me to spend ten days in Mexico with a group of students from my high school.  It's one experience that I hope my own children can do someday too! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your set. It's different and pretty.

Big hair was awesome. We should totally bring that style back.