Friday, December 12, 2008

#3 Salem Baptist Church

Okay....I am reaching a little on this one, but I can honestly say that I've never been to a Baptist Church service before, so I am using this as my third 40 new things by age 40.  Anyway, Tyler's confirmation class, at St. Mark's United Methodist Church, takes a trip to Omaha ever year to experience a church service that is very different from our own.  It was a two hour service, but it was very passionate and moving.  Wow!  They can really rock the house with their beautiful and powerful voices!  The first hour was just singing alone...that's it... just singing!  I was also amazed how they do the "greet your neighbor" part of church.  In our congregation, we just shake hands with people sitting around you, but this church gets up and walks all over to greet everyone.  Of course, it did take about fifteen minutes to do so, but what a warm and friendly environment.  I was very impressed and thought that it was such a worthwhile experience.  I am so glad that Tyler, Andy and I got to go!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

You are not stretching including this in your 40x40. If you've never done it before, it counts. :)
I love that style of service. Dave would go to a church like that all the time, I think.