Monday, December 1, 2008

The Family of Flakes...Broeker style!

Every year I always say, "Oh, I wish I would have made a nativity scene for our yard out of plywood.  That would look so neat!"  This year, I said it again and then came across a snow people family and realized I could quickly (so I thought) make a yard decoration that represented our "flaky family".  It's not the nativity, since I would have needed months of preparation for, but the Broeker Bunch as snow people.  I came across the image in an old Stampin' Up! catalog and tweaked it to be us.  I added a Colt's hat to Tyler's head and a soccer ball by Madison.  I also put a Husker "N" on the heart since that's Andy's love.  Grant and Amy didn't change much, but I did pick me with a vest on since that's my maiden name.  This project took me two and a half days over my Thanksgiving break, but it was a lot of fun.  It's not the most professional looking, but once I get a spotlight on it, I think it will do.  All we need now is some nice weather to hang up the rest of our lights and outdoor decorations!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is adorable! You are a super talented crafter. :) One question though: Why is Tyler taller than Andy?!

Amy said...

I figured that Tyler would be taller in the long run. But the real question is why is Amy fatter than Andy???Don't you think?! :)

Tracey said...

I just love the snow family!!!
I was admiring it the other day as I was dropping Tyler off. When I started asking him about it, he told me a few things then said, "Oh I'm sure my mom has it on her blog."
Don't you just love it!
You did a fabulous job on it. You better watch out or you'll have a side business. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy,
I followed a link from Tracey's blog and found you!! Love the snowpeople, I hadn't seen them yet since we take a new way home from daycare now. Have a great Christmas. See you in January when scouts start up again!

Anonymous said...

One more comment! How funny that we would both have the same backround on our blogs! Great minds think alike.