Saturday, May 1, 2010

National Scrapbooking Day

Today is National Scrapbooking Day! It's almost a Federal holiday, I'm sure of it. At least, it should be!

For all those non-scrappers out there, I thought you should know a little more about this favorite holiday of mine...

1. National Scrapbooking Day (NSD) has been a holiday for "scrappers" like myself since 1994. That's longer than I've been married, so I can hardly remember life without this fantastic holiday.

2. It's officially the one day when my husband can not complain about my scrapbooking hobby and the rising cost of creating worthwhile memories for our children. My children's children will be thanking me, I'm positive!

3. NSD is also a day when I can truly just think of doing something for myself, without any worries about the daily life of a working mom. No laundry, no fighting, no cleaning, no work... It's all about me!

So, this year, I signed up for a 12 hour crop at a local community college and look.....
All 46 participates received a beautiful rose on their table! I felt very special!
Yippy! I won THIS as a door prize. In case, you don't know what it is, it's the same thing as a tackle box for a person who likes to fish.

No more excuse for disorganization! Someone must know that's my word for the year!
And, of course, I accomplished getting a few of these done as well.
Also, I didn't have to listen to the doorbell ring all day long. Now, that's a silly holiday!
And I didn't forget the sunscreen like my husband did at Tyler's baseball tournament. Being indoors all day = no skin cancer risk.
I was a little concerned about missing these two ballgames, but Tyler promised no fantastic plays on 2nd base or home runs and he did live up to his word! Besides, we have more games tomorrow!

Hope you had a Scraptacular day like I did!

8 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Sunburn is never a fun thing to deal with...

mamahasspoken said...

WOW what a great door prize! And agree with teach, sunburn is never great to have....But HOW do you get it on the BACK of your legs when you spend most of the time sitting down.......Just found that weird....

Anonymous said...

Lucky you for winning such a nice door prize! Hope Tyler has a better game today. And hopefully Andy will wear some sunscreen...........dad always thinks he doesn't need to bother with it too.

Mom

Amy said...

Mamma---

Andy spends the entire game standing up and pacing. The field that Tyler played on had the sun in the afternoon at Andy's back, so hence the sunburn. Now today he wore jeans to the game. LOL

Tracey said...

Glad you had fun!
It looks like a pretty fantastic door prize.

Connie said...

I admire you creative scrap bookers! I don't have the patience ok, I don't have the creativity to do the scrapbooks! My kids will NOT thank me when I give them a box of pictures and say, "Here, have fun, oh and by the way, hope you can figure out what each picture is!"

That first sunburn of the season is a killer! I tend to forget the sunscreen too.

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Glad you enjoyed YOUR holiday Amy!

Cari said...

I am thinking of taking up scrap booking when Ward leaves for his deployment. You might need to be my mentor!!!