Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer is Here

Hello again! After the longest stint away from blogging, I thought I'd post again. I have no excuse for not posting now that I'm finally into my second week off of work. There are no good reasons now for my procrastination except for maybe....
Tyler's U14 baseball games. This is Tyler's final year of youth sports now that he's entering high school this fall. Tyler continues to play 2nd base and loves it. He's had a good year "at bat", but has not hit a home run since the day Michael Jackson died. How could I forget...two historical events in one day.
Madison also finished up her soccer season playing goalie and a mid-fielder. She loves this game and I look forward to seeing years of her playing it. Now she's currently taking a theater class where she learned to be a glass of water on Tuesday. This does make a mother proud. (ha, ha) She also is playing softball with the name Toros. I enjoy cheering, "Go Lawnmowers!"
Grant has his sports too now, which is enough to send me completely crazy. I did bring this on myself. He's in his second year of Little Greens Track and will begin T-ball on Sunday. More opportunities for scrapbooking for me!
Oh, in case you are curious, we still have Miss Penny the Shiz-tzu/Pound Puppyl She's darn cute, but does enjoy eating Grant's shoes. Grrr! We just give her loads of raw hide bones and everyone is happy. Ranger still tolerates her also. He does look at her like, "Where do you get all your energy?"

I also decided to post two things that made me happy today....
Huge sale at Bath and Body Works! I received a wonderful gift card from my neighbor and used it on some great buys. Woo hoo!
And the UPS guy delivered my Scentsy kit today!!! Yay! My house smells wonderful, just wish it looked wonderfully tidy too. My web addy is http://amybroeker.scentsy.us/...if you want to check it out.

On a sad note, Lincoln Public Schools lost their District Office over Memorial Day weekend. It's unimaginable all that's lost, thankfully not my job and of course, not my classroom.
Still as awful sight to see, but the community will rally and all will be well again!

4 comments:

mamahasspoken said...

See ya leave for a month or two and all kinds of things happen. Thankd goodness I keep up with you on fb ;o)

Teachinfourth said...

I just figured that you were busy...that tends to happen in life sometimes.

Connie said...

Just because you get a summer vacation doesn't mean you have nothing to do...especially when you have kids!
That's horrible about your school district office! Is that really it, under water?

Amy said...

Connie, it's not under water, it burned to the ground. It was discovered Memorial Day at 11pm, but we had strong winds and severe thunderstorms that made it impossible to control the fire. The firefighters could not get up on their ladder due to the lightning. It's a 20 million dollar loss for Lincoln Schools.