Saturday, June 19, 2010

Two Drips in a Big Drop

Yesterday was World Blood Donor Day, so I forced Andy go with me to a parking lot at a local community college to form the biggest human blood drop. Andy's cousin, Janelle, works for the Nebraska Community Blood Bank (NCBB) and they were sponsoring the event. That's how I heard about it. NCBB gave out bottles of water, red shirts and lottery tickets to participants.

They were hoping to form the largest ever recorded, but I don't think they quite made it. I believe 1,000 participants were needed to break the past record. I do know that it is very hot to stand in the middle of the drop. Can you see us?



3 comments:

mamahasspoken said...

What a wonderful thing to do! So are you in the middle ;o)

Anonymous said...

Great idea, shame the 1000 wasn't met but that sure is a lot of people!

Connie said...

Very cool, or should I say, hot?